Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Quest for a "Good" Book

So, it's summer. I have all this time on my hands to read. Yet, I can't seem to get motivated to do it. I consider myself an avid reader...so, what's the problem?

I have read about 20 books in the past month. None of them have been outstanding. They've been "alright" Not a one that I'd say, "You HAVE to read this" to any of my students.

Again, I ask, what's the problem?

My guess, it's me. I've picked up several books and made it half way through and can't take it anymore, so I quit. I never use to do that. Have I become that picky reader?


Or is there nothing that great out there? --- I seriously doubt that. Maybe I'm not finding those "great" books. Where are they hiding?



Here's what I've read this summer:
Girlfriend Material
The Dark Divine
The Juvie Three
After Ever After
Wanted (Pretty Little Liars #8)
The Sweet Second Life of Bree Tanner
Something Like Fate
Oh. My. Gods.
Dork Diaries #2
The Gardener
Goddess Boot Camp
My Life with the Lincolns
Smile
Hex Hall
The Deathday Letter
Glimpse
Only the Good Spy Young
The Gorgeous Game
Wicked Girls
Once

and currently reading:
The Six Rules of Maybe

I tend to read dark and depressing. I tell my kids that someone almost always dies in the books I read. But, some of my all time favorite books are: Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie and Notes from the Midnight Driver.

Great book, where art thou?

No comments:

Post a Comment