Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

We Shall See What We Shall See

This is a saying that my grandma use to say to me when I would ask what we were going to do.

This is my first blog. My grandma's statement "We shall see what we shall see" seems appropriate for this. I'm not sure how my blogging will go or how long it will last. I am hopeful though.


I guess an introduction is appropriate.

I am a middle school librarian. Before completing my Masters in Library Science from the University of North Texas I taught. In my 8 years of teaching experience, I taught 4th grade, 3rd grade, MS Spanish, 6th grade Art, 6th grade Study Skills, and Texas History. My certification covers me to teach several things, so anything that was without a teacher became mine.

Getting my masters was something I wanted to do since I started teaching. My hurdle...the GRE. I was scared to death of the GRE! Yes, I know, it's just a test. A very important test, that I was certain I wouldn't pass. Obviously I did, but not without studying and a few minor moments of panic.


Unfortunately, I landed into by dream job at the loss of a friend. Our campus librarian was diagnosed with cancer in September of 2008. She passed away in February 2009. There's not a day that goes by that I don't walk in the library and miss her. (I especially miss her when it's time to change the laminator. She was a wiz at it. Me, not so much.)

The 2010-2011 school year will be my 2nd full year in the library. This also fits the title of this post. I don't remember much of last year. Let's see if I do better this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment